Permanent Veterinary Ophthalmologist Specialist – Derbyshire
Se4rch Veterinary Specialists are working with a large multi-speciality centre in Derbyshire who is recruiting for an Ophthalmologist to join their team.
Permanent Veterinary Ophthalmologist – Derbyshire
Type: Small Animal
Practice: They offer specialist services in anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, oncology, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, exotics and dermatology, and on-site hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. The state-of-the-art hospital provides 24/7 veterinary care, supported by a dedicated night team. They work closely with the University of Nottingham, with the veterinary students rotating through first opinion and referral services.
Facilities: Include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (with CT and MRI), 3 ultrasound rooms, interventional radiology and cardiology capabilities, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool, and treadmills and dedicated chemotherapy & radio-iodine treatment rooms. They have a GE Vivid 7 cardiac ultrasound scanner and a new Vivid E95 scanner. They have 2 fully equipped Ophthalmology consultation rooms and a dedicated Ophthalmology theatre with Zeiss OPMI Lumera surgical microscope and Bausch & Lomb Stellaris phacoemulsification machine.
Team: The Ophthalmology team is composed of two Ophthalmology diploma holders/RCVS Recognised Specialists, an Ophthalmology Certificate Holder and a dedicated Ophthalmology Nurse.
- They are looking for an RCVS Certificate Holder in Veterinary Ophthalmology or a Post Graduate Certificate holder in Small Animal Ophthalmology.
- This would be a great opportunity for someone who already has surgical and medical ophthalmology experience, or for someone who wants to consolidate and further develop the skills achieved through the certificate.
- You will have support and training from two Royal College Recognised Specialists in Veterinary Ophthalmology and an experienced BSAVA PGCert Small Animal Ophthalmology Certificate Holder.
- They work in partnership with the University of Nottingham Veterinary School to provide undergraduate clinical training, so there would be opportunities to do some student teaching if interested.
- There is also a weekly clinical club to which you may want to contribute and gain experience in presenting to smaller audiences, or you may like the challenge of providing CPD to our referring vets when this can be started again.
- In addition, the inclusion of an equine hospital in the group means that there would be an opportunity for some equine ophthalmology if wanted
Hours: Part-Time and Full-Time applications are considered.
Weekends/OOHS: In line with rota
Required skills and experience:
1. RCVS Certificate Holder in Veterinary Ophthalmology or a Post Graduate Certificate holder in Small Animal Ophthalmology
2. Clinical & Surgical experience – intraocular surgery techniques can be supported by our diplomates.
Would be good to have:
1. Interest in peer teaching to support our intern program
2. Experience in delivering CPD
3. Experience of referral level ophthalmology
Salary: Excellent salary that is reflective of skills, experience, and certification level
Benefits: Extensive benefits available – full details will be discussed in the interview.
Ref: JN -062021-20835
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details