Ophthalmologist (Board Certified or Residency Trained)
We are seeking a motivated, team-oriented, and passionate Ophthalmologist (Board Certified or Residency Trained in Ophthalmology) to join our growing specialty and emergency team.
Since opening in Alberta, in March of 2020, we have continued to grow our specialty and emergency presence throughout Alberta while creating strong referring relationships throughout British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, and the Yukon. As we develop our relationship with the referring community, we have also built a fantastic team of specialists, including Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Radiology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, and Dentistry/Oral Surgery. We also have a bright and excited group of Emergency Doctors and Technicians. We encourage an environment of learning and education and have a house officer training program which currently has 5 rotating interns and a cardiology resident.
Our goal is to promote a healthy working environment centered around exceptional patient care. Our facility provides 24-hour staffing, 1.5 T MRI, 64 slice helical CT, has a Servo U ventilator, vapotherm high flow oxygen, endoscopy, 2 ultrasounds and onsite Antech Diagnostics.
We are a privately owned hospital where you will be encouraged to continue to grow and shape the department as you wish. The technicians are eager to grow their skills and are supported in the hospital to promote technician retention.
The Ophthalmologist is responsible for delivering high-level medical care to our patients, providing exceptional customer service to pet owners, and setting an example of teamwork through professionalism. The ideal candidate will bring a positive attitude good communication skill and a strong work ethic. If you want to join a warm and inviting multi-discipline team, this may be the position for you! Come feel the difference when you are truly part of the team in Alberta’s only private referral hospital. We offer successful candidates, relocation assistance, immigration support, signing bonuses, generous salaries with no negative accrual, personal pet discounts, paid dues, continuing education and uniform allowances, and benefits.
Our Ophthalmology service is fully equipped with the following:
• Zeiss S7 Operating Microscope
• Alcon Centurion Vision System
• Iridex DioVet 810nm Laser System
• BVI Endo Optiks E4 Ophthalmic Endoscopy System
• Frigitronics CE-2000 Cyrosurgical System
• Retinographics BPM-300 ERG System
• Sonomed Escalon Ultrasound System
• Chromatic PLR Tester
• Clear View 2 Fundus Camera
• Competitive compensation package
• Continuing education benefits
• Personal pet discounts
• Professional dues covered
• Uniform allowance
• Opportunities for growth and professional development
• Access to a diverse team of specialists and experienced Veterinarians and RVTs
A few perks about living in Edmonton Alberta, and surrounding areas:
• Often referred to as Canada’s Festival City, Edmonton is a diversified community that hosts festivals all year round, including Folk Fest, the Taste of Edmonton, Fringe Festival, and Heritage Festival.
• Home of the largest urban park in Canada, Edmonton’s River Valley is a natural wonder that offers plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities.
• Edmonton is also a short drive away from the most breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains in Jasper, Banff, and Lake Louise National Park, that offer additional hiking, camping, biking, skiing, and snowboarding opportunities.
• Rogers Place has become a highly demanded arena for entertainers and is home to Edmonton’s NHL team, the Oilers. If hockey is not a sport you indulge in, the city is also home to the Edmonton Elks CFL team, the Edmonton Stingers basketball team, and more!
Job Ref: JN -112022-27162
Interested? Click on the apply button.