Critical Care (Board Certified or Residency Trained in ECC)
We are seeking motivated, team-oriented, and passionate Criticalist (Board Certified or Residency Trained in ECC) to join our growing emergency and specialty team.
Since opening in Sherwood Park, Alberta, in March of 2020, we have continued to grow our specialty and emergency presence throughout Alberta while creating strong referring relationships throughout British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, and the Yukon. As we develop our relationship with the referring community, we have also built a fantastic team of specialists including Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Radiology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, and Dentistry/Oral Surgery. We also have a bright and excited group of Emergency Doctors and Technicians. We enourage an environment of learning and education and have a house office training program which currently have 5 rotating interns and a cardiology resident.
Our goal is to promote a healthy working environment centered around respect for each other, collegiality, and continuing education allowing us to maintain high standards of medicine and exceptional patient care. Our facility also provides 24-hour staffing, top-of-the-line MRI, CT, has a Servo U ventilator, vapotherm high flow oxygen, endoscopy, 2 ultrasounds and onsite Antech Diagnostics.
We are proud to maintain a hospital with private ownership so that we can collectively help departments grow their vision from the practice level without corporate constraints. The technicians are eager to grow their skills and are supported in the hospital to promote technician retention.
The Criticalist Veterinarian is responsible for delivering high-level medical care to our patients, providing exceptional client care to pet owners, referring veterinarians, and setting an example of teamwork at Pulse Veterinary Specialists & Emergency through professionalism.
The ideal candidate will bring a positive attitude, good communication skills and a strong work ethic.
If you are looking to join a supportive, collaborative, and fun multi-discipline team, then this may the position for you! Come feel the difference when you are truly part of the team in Alberta’s only private referral hospital. We offer successful candidates relocation assistance, immigration support, signing bonuses, generous salaries, personal pet discounts, paid dues, continuing education and uniform allowances, and benefits). Salary and bonuses commensurate with experience. We are a group of people that love to have fun, work hard, give back to our community.
• Competitive compensation package
• Continuing education benefits
• Personal pet discounts
• Professional dues covered
• Uniform allowance
• Shift differential (where applicable)
• Opportunities for growth and professional development
• Access to a diverse team of specialists and experienced Veterinarians and RVTs
A few perks about living in Edmonton, Alberta, and surrounding areas:
• Often referred to as Canada’s Festival City, Edmonton is a diversified community that hosts festivals all year round, including Folk Fest, the Taste of Edmonton, Fringe Festival, and Heritage Festival.
• Home of the largest urban park in Canada, Edmonton’s River Valley is a natural wonder that offers plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities.
• Edmonton is also a short drive away from the most breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains in Jasper, Banff, and Lake Louise National Park, that offer additional hiking, camping, biking, skiing, and snowboarding opportunities.
• Rogers Place has become a highly demanded arena for entertainers and is home to Edmonton’s NHL team, the Oilers. If hockey is not a sport you indulge in, the city is also home to the Edmonton Elks CFL team, the Edmonton Stingers basketball team, and more!
Job Ref: JN -112022-27161
Interested? Please click on the Apply button
Critical Care Specialist